Monday, May 12, 2014

Menu Monday #53

I had a great Mother's Day yesterday with my babies. Sadly, Josh was out of town, but my mom came to stay with us, so I was able to spend Mother's Day with her, too! :) Before leaving, Josh made sure to get me some pretty flowers to try to make up for being gone. ;)

Daisy had a rough week after her first chemo treatment. She lost her appetite again and just wanted to lay around and rest. After speaking with the vet, she said that this is normal, but that they can adjust her dose next time so that she won't experience the GI distress again afterwards. So, hopefully it will go better for her next time. She seems to be feeling better now and her appetite has definitely returned. She is playing more and just acting more like her sweet self again. Whew!

On Friday night, it was just me and the boys before Grandma arrived later that evening, so we drove through Chick-Fil-A for dinner. Yep. Simple and easier to feed them all back at the house!

On Saturday morning, I made Ethan's favorite, whole wheat pumpkin pancakes with cream cheese icing, for breakfast. The boys literally gobbled them up. Ethan managed to eat FIVE pancakes!!! Seriously?! That's how many I ate! I guess we need to start saving up now. Feeding these three boys as teenagers may send us to the poor house! Haha! That night, I made pizza crust in the bread machine and made cheese pizza for dinner. My mom and I also had some stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer. For dessert, we enjoyed strawberry shortcake. They had strawberries from a local farm available at the store, so I figured that was the perfect excuse to make a shortcake! ;) The boys were very happy with that decision. Surprise!

On Sunday morning, I made fried egg toast sandwiches before church. Afterwards, the boys took us to O'Charley's for a Mother's Day brunch. :)

Sunday: Leftovers
Since we went out for lunch, we ate light for dinner.

Monday: Crispy shrimp pasta, roasted broccoli
We all love this tasty pasta dish and it's so easy!

TuesdayBrown butter chicken and crispy sage, roasted cauliflower, quinoa
I haven't made this one in several weeks, but it sounded good. It's quick and easy and should go great with the cauliflower.

Wednesday: Lasagna
I haven't made lasagna in a looooong time. I wanted to make something for a neighbor who recently had a baby, so it'll be easy to put two pans of this together at the same time. :) I'm going to use a mixture of beef and sausage with the oven-ready lasagna noodles, and a mixture of mozzarella, ricotta and parmesan cheeses. So good!

Thursday: Pork chops, roasted butternut squash, couscous with cranberries and toasted pine nuts
I'm hoping for some decent grilling weather, though we're expecting a lot of rain this week. If not, I'll just sear them on the stovetop. I bought extra squash to roast so that I can stock up more food for Amos. He still doesn't seem interested in moving beyond purées yet, but I can make this a bit chunkier to get him used to the idea.

Friday: Out to eat
Not sure what we'll have yet. It'll probably depend on whether Grandma is still here or not.

Saturday: TBD
I may make some homemade pizza again. Noah gobbled it up!!


What's on your menu this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Show me some love! ;)