Monday, February 10, 2014

Menu Monday #41

Whew, what a week! I ended up getting sick on Thursday morning, which was not ideal. I made it home from dropping the boys off at school, but was too sick to pick them up, so fortunately Josh was able to get them and work from home that afternoon, so I could rest/recoup. Good news was that two days of not eating much of anything (MyFitnessPal actually warned me that I wasn't logging enough calories and my body was going to go into starvation mode!) helped contribute to more weight loss this week! Haha! Not exactly how I was hoping to accomplish it, but I guess I'll take it. With me out of commission on Thursday night, Josh took the boys out to eat. On Friday night, I was ready to try cooking again, so we made our tomato basil pasta that night.

On Saturday morning, I made my whole wheat pumpkin pancakes, at Noah's request. The boys inhaled nearly as many as we did. It's quite the sight! I kept busy that day doing laundry and trying to clean/pick up the house. Later that evening, I decided it was time to escape the house again, so we went out instead of cooking. We decided to hit up the mall for a little shopping, and the boys enjoyed some Chic-Fil-A while we checked out Crazy Tomato. Their calzones looked incredible, and they were! :)

On Sunday morning, Josh made our usual egg bagel sandwiches, and some cream of wheat, before church. That evening, I finally made our pork chop meal from Thursday. It was another low-key day at home. The next few weekends will be busy, so it was nice to relax!


Sunday: Seared pork chops, roasted butternut squash, toasted pine nut couscous with cranberries
I seasoned the pork chops with some of our cajun seasoning. Delicious!

Monday: Crispy shrimp pasta, roasted broccoli with parmesan
We all really love this one, and it's so easy, which makes it the perfect seafood dish for the week!

Tuesday: Brown butter chicken with crispy sage over savory quinoa
I've been repeating a lot of our new meals lately, but they are so good and we're not sick of them yet! Haha!

Wednesday: Soft tacos
My homemade flour tortillas are Ethan's absolute favorite meal (he requests it every single week!), so I'll finally be making those this week. With the added calories of those tasty tortillas, we'll forgo any sides so we can indulge in these! :) I add seasoned lean ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes and sriracha sauce (for myself and Josh) to the tortillas.

Thursday: Chicken capri over brown rice, sautéed garlic green beans
This is an oldie, but a goodie. It's actually a South Beach diet recipe. You coat thin-sliced chicken breasts in garlic powder, sear them on each side, then place them in a dish. Top with a ricotta cheese/spices mixture, some crushed tomatoes, and a slice of provolone cheese. Bake this and serve on a bed of rice. It's so good!

Friday: Out to eat
We'll go somewhere, but being Valentine's Day, we'll probably have to avoid the wait at nice restaurants! Haha! I did buy some more strawberries and dipping chocolate to make my boys a special treat for the day. :)

Saturday: Homemade pizza
We haven't made pizza in awhile, so we should do that again.


What's on your menu this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Show me some love! ;)