Monday, September 16, 2013

Grands! Barbecue Cups

It's that time of year again...back to school! The boys have been in the swing of it again for over a month now, but I know a lot of kids recently headed back. With the start of school comes the return of all of the after-school activities, earlier bedtimes, and limited family time together in the evenings. For me, it also means simpler meals that I can get on the table quickly. With two hungry boys, and now a third little one to keep me even busier, I have been on the lookout for yummy meals that everyone will enjoy, but won't keep me in the kitchen all evening.

I was excited to discover some tasty, quick and easy recipes from Pillsbury®. There are so many that I want to try, but this past week I decided I wanted to make their Grands!® Barbecue Cups first. With just 4 simple ingredients and 30 minutes, I was able to put a delicious meal on the table!




Pillsbury® Grands!® Barbecue Cups

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef, cooked, drained
  • 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
  • 1 can (10.2 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits
  • 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
Directions:
In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, mix cooked beef and barbecue sauce. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until hot.

Pull each biscuit apart into 2 layers; press each into 4-inch round. Place 1 round in each of 8 greased regular-size muffin cups. Firmly press in bottom and up side, forming 1/4-inch rim. Fill with beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese.



Bake at 375°F for 13 to 15 minutes or until edges of biscuits are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from pan.



With 3 hungry guys to cook for, plus my mom visiting, I knew I needed to make extra, so I bought the larger can of biscuits to make 16 cups, instead of 8. On the side, I served some mac 'n cheese and baked beans; the perfect additions to a barbecue! We had plenty of cups for everyone, plus some for leftovers. Josh thought that they were great right out of the refrigerator the next day, still cold! With that in mind, they could be a great lunch idea for the boys to take to school.

We all loved these barbecue cups (which always makes a recipe a keeper!), and I especially loved the concept of them. It's a fun twist on regular ingredients and the perfect idea for keeping dinner interesting for the boys! This fall, I would love to make them by using leftover chili in place of the beef with barbecue sauce. We always have leftover chili because we make a huge pot of it when we make it. This will be a great way to stretch it into 2 easy meals for the week! I also plan to use this recipe for fall gatherings. The cups are so versatile - they would make a great appetizer, the perfect potluck dish, or a fun snack for playdates.

For this recipe, and several more, download this Pillsbury® recipe booklet for some quick and easy meals to make on busy week nights! What recipe would you like to try first?

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective. The content and opinions expressed here are all my own and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of General Mills. Compensation was provided by General Mills via Clever Girls Collective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Show me some love! ;)