Thursday, September 19, 2013

Baby Bump Update: Week 40

Here I am at 40 weeks!


Yep! Baby Boy Seeley had already arrived...5 days prior to that! Though my due date was moved to the 10th based on my first ultrasound, my original due date was the 5th, which was the same day that baby Seeley arrived! I guess he decided he wanted to be on time. :)

Just for fun, here's a look back at my pregnancy...from 12 to 40 weeks!



Week of Pregnancy: 40 weeks

Baby size: Baby is about the size of a small pumpkin this week!




Baby is now around 20 inches long from head to heel and weighs around 7 1/2 pounds! In the funnier, Dad-to-Be Edition of How Big is Baby? that I discovered, our little guy is as big as a beach ball this week!




Symptoms: Up until I went into labor, I continued to experience Braxton Hicks contractions.

Food cravings: I still wanted sweets 24/7. By the end, I had put on around 35 pounds. :( With the other two, I had only put on 25-30 pounds, so I was definitely feeling miserable this time carrying the extra weight. Fortunately, at 2 weeks after delivery now, I've lost 22 of those pounds and I can fit into some of my pre-pregnancy clothes again now!

Food aversions: None.

What I'm excited about: Finally meeting our little guy and not being pregnant anymore!!

What I've done to prepare for baby: I finally found some new pieces for the nursery! Instead of blue, it  will now be a soft lime green! I got a new crib sheet, breathable mesh crib bumper, blanket, and changing pad cover. :) I would like to create some art for the walls, but haven't decided what I want to do for sure yet.

Funny moment: I was informed by the preschool director that Ethan, and the other Ethan in his class (whose Mom was also very pregnant!), had put stuffed animals under their shirts and were pretending to have their babies one day at preschool a few weeks ago. Oh dear!

After the scare I had after the 36-week appointment with all of the contractions I had been having, I thought for sure that I would be more dilated the following week at my 37-week appointment, but I was still at 2-3 cm. I was worried with Josh scheduled to leave town for a few days, so my mom came to help out in case anything happened. At my 38-week appointment, I was dilated a solid 3 cm. At my 39-week appointment, on the 4th, I was dilated 3-4 cm, and starting to thin out some. I was also measuring at 40 weeks. They offered to induce me anytime I wanted to, but I was still hoping to go into labor on my own. That night, I started having more contractions and they stuck around through the night, instead of going away like they normally did. So...the rest of the details will be continued in the birth story post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Show me some love! ;)