Thursday, February 14, 2013

A, B, C...1, 2, 3!!

We'd like to wish everyone a very Happy Valentine's Day today and share some exciting news as well! In tribute to one of our favorite shows around here these days, today is brought to you by the letter B and the number...3!! ;)

We're expecting #3!!

Yep, we're expecting baby number 3!! We are super excited that we will have an addition to the family arriving in September this year. And though I love my boys dearly, it's no secret that I'm hoping for a girl this time! ;) I am currently a little over 10 weeks along (and I've been dying to share the news!!) and excited to be soon entering the 2nd trimester. A little anxious about the fact that the kiddos will now outnumber us, but what's one more, right?!? Please tell me it won't be too crazy! Haha! Stay tuned for updates and bump pics, of course!

Saying goodbye to Mommy at the hospital! :(
So, as I briefly mentioned in last night's post, I have been quite sick since Monday. Nope, not morning sickness, full-blown norovirus sickness. Ugh. Both Noah and I awoke very early Monday morning, sick to our stomachs. :( It wasn't a pleasant day, to say the least. Fortunately, Josh was able to stay home from work and take care of the boys, since I was pretty much dead to the world on the bathroom floor all day. I must give him huge props. Not only did he have to clean-up after and bathe a very sick Noah, along with laundering, disinfecting, sanitizing, entertaining a healthy, energetic almost 4-year-old, cooking, chauffeuring, multiple trips to the pharmacy/store for me, etc, etc, etc, but he did it without a single peep. In one word, he's amazing, and definitely deserves the Dad of the Year award! Back off ladies, he's mine! ;) To top it all off, since I couldn't keep anything down, and I couldn't force any liquids down either, we made a trip to the emergency room on Monday evening, so that I could get an IV. Fun, fun, right? :/ Normally I wouldn't have worried so much about it, but being in the earlier stages of pregnancy, I was petrified about the baby's well-being (as I've never been sick before while pregnant, and definitely never this sick in my entire life), so I wanted to make sure that both of us were ok. After a long wait for a bed, I finally got one and they started the fluids. It was a very long evening, but all of the staff were wonderful, and I went home more hydrated and feeling a bit better. I was able to get another look at the little peanut via ultrasound, and the little peanut was looking great, all 4 limbs flailing all over the place! :) I also need to give another huge shout out to my dear friend, Lisa. She's a nurse-midwife, who happens to work with my OB, and her help through this ordeal was immeasurable. She got me answers when I needed them and went above and beyond the call of duty when she offered to bring me home from the hospital at midnight (after putting in a long 12-hour shift there that day!), so that Josh could take the boys home and get them to bed at a decent hour! I seriously can't thank her enough!

Fortunately, Noah appears to have made a full recovery from this super nasty bug, and is pretty much back to his usual self now. I have continued to suffer the wrath of the virus, but I think I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now today. Thank goodness! I've never been so sick in all my 30+ years, and certainly hope to never be so sick again. I'm hoping for an uneventful ~30 weeks to go!

Happy Valentine's Day! And please, share the love, not viruses. ;)


4 comments:

  1. since I can't comment on fb, i will on here. congrats :) hope you have a baby girl so i can pass on all my clothes for you! :) although i still think boy, you'll have to try for #4. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, dear sister! The clothes will be great. And that's not funny! ;) Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! That is so awesome! Though, I'm so, so sorry that you've been so sick :( What an ordeal! I will be praying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Meredith!! :) Fortunately, I'm feeling pretty much human again now this afternoon! Yay!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Show me some love! ;)