Monday, November 5, 2012

Menu Monday #25

After a very busy week, I was happy for a lazy weekend to recover this weekend. On Friday afternoon, I enjoyed some shopping while the boys napped, then we went out that evening to Carrabba's. It's one of our favorite Italian places. The boys were on their best behavior, always an added bonus, and made lots of friends with fellow patrons. Haha!

Daddy and the boys

On Saturday morning, I made another batch of whole wheat pumpkin pancakes. Once again, they were devoured by everyone. After naps on Saturday, we decided to do some more shopping and enjoyed dinner at Mellow Mushroom. This time we tried their Holy Shitake Pie. It was pretty awesome, as pretty much everything they make is! Daisy was very happy when we returned home with a new pillow for her! :)

Daisy on her new pillow

On Sunday morning, hubby requested some buttermilk biscuits to go with the scrambled eggs, so that is what we had. With the daylight saving time change, we gained an extra hour of awake time since the boys didn't want to let us sleep (why don't they know that's what we're supposed to do??), so we put it to good use cleaning the house. I got the upstairs sparkling, while Josh worked on some organizing and unpacking in the basement. We still have a good deal of work ahead of us down there, but hopefully we'll make quick progress so we can get the basement remodel started soon!

I have been slacking lately on the diet and it's starting to show. :( I'm hoping to get back on track this week with some healthier meals. And I must. stop. baking!!

Sunday: Spaghetti and meatballs, bread
I hadn't made this meal in ages, and it sounded good for a chilly night. I use whole wheat pasta and make my own meatballs using lean ground beef, bread, egg and spices. I didn't have time to make my own bread, so I bought a loaf from the bakery.

Monday: Blackened salmon over brown rice, oven roasted asparagus
I'm hoping it won't be too cool for this meal. Thanks to the time change, poor hubby will be grilling in the dark, too. :( I have missed this meal the past few weeks, so I am looking forward to it!

Tuesday: Slow cooker salsa chicken in whole wheat tortillas, spicy cilantro corn
This will be an easy meal for Election Day! I'm afraid will get stuck at the polls in line, so I wanted something quick to eat when we get home.

Wednesday: Grilled pork chops, coucous with toasted pine nuts, roasted butternut squash
This meal was gobbled up last time I made it, so I wanted to have it again. I love fall for the butternut squash. It is amazing how tasty it is, without needing to add a single thing to it when you roast it!

Thursday: Melt in your mouth baked chicken, whole wheat rotini, pan fried parmesan green beans
This is a great tasty, low-cal meal that the boys both love. All that equals win-win in my book!

I haven't made pizza in several weeks, so I need to get back to doing that. This simple cheese and basil pie is a good one!

Saturday: Out to eat
I'm in the mood for some Indian food!

Happy meal planning to you this week! Here's to hoping that we all survive it with the recent time change. I can only assume that it's not just my kids being extra "fun" from a lack of sleep and not yet adjusting to it. Sigh.

6 comments:

  1. Ha! We had Mellow Mushroom on Sat and Indian food last night. Our go-to pizza at Mellow is the Philosopher's Pie. Highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, awesome!! You have good taste, my friend! ;) We normally go with the Gourmet White, but we decided we liked the Holy Shitake even better! We'll have to check out the Philosopher's Pie next time, though I'll have to pick off the olives. That is one I just haven't acquired a taste for yet. :) They also had a couple other new ones on their menu that sounded really good - Maui Wowie and Thai Dye! I love our local Indian restaurant. That is one that is much easier to just order vs make at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just all sounds SO darn good! Can you please just come here and take over my family's meals for just one week? I would be in heaven! My waistline would not...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Maybe if you lived just a tad bit closer! ;) I'm afraid last week's menu added some pounds, but this week's should help get me back on track! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your recipes are so healthy! I think I would just irresponsibly eat too much b/c I would be so thrilled to have such yummy dishes on my dinner table. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Yeah, portion control was definitely our issue, too. :( It's so sad to see as much food on my child's plate as mine now, because I am limiting my calories! :(

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Show me some love! ;)