Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Noah is 10 Months Old!

Noah turned ten months old yesterday. First up, his stats. He weighed in this month at 19 lbs, 2 oz (still in the 10th to 25th percentile), up 10 ounces from last month! He is measuring up at 28 inches (still in the 25th to 50th percentile), staying steady this month. His head remains large, with a measured circumference of 47 cm (still in the 75th to 90th percentile). So, I think we'll be fine at his weight check in a couple of weeks! haha!

Below is the pic of Noah at ten months, wearing the 12-month onesie. He was being quite the funny man this month and did not want to sit still for this pic! Surprise, surprise. This boy is constantly on the move! Even in his sleep he is all over the crib all night long.


We enjoyed another wonderful month of Noah sleeping through the night. Wahoo! It has been such a relief to have him sleeping again and it has allowed me to begin waking up at a decent hour in the mornings now too. Yep, I admit I totally slept in until 8 or 9 if he did every morning! So, I am currently waking up with hubby in the mornings and taking Daisy for a morning jog. Yep, no need to get your eyes checked, you read that correctly! haha! I finally had a realization that this extra weight (not really baby weight so much as weight that has been hanging around for nearly 10 years now. Yikes!) is not going to just magically disappear, so I am going to have to get off my booty and do something about it! I am still working on the whole "loving running" thing, but for now we have a tolerable relationship. I think I hate the idea of waking up early more than the running part itself. I seriously have no idea how I used to get up at 5:30 for work every day. I will always prefer to be a night owl, but I am hoping to get used to this new schedule soon. It has been nice to have more time to accomplish things again in the morning as well, though Noah waking around 7:30 or 8 am doesn't allow much lately. We're making it work though. He has also continued with the same two-nap (1-2 hours each) routine this past month.

New foods tried this month:
  • Meat! He's had pork, chicken, fish, hamburger, hot dog and steak now!
  • Nothing else exciting that I can think of right now, as he eats pretty much everything we eat that is safe for babies! :)
Noah had his first taste of meat a few weeks ago and it's apparent the boy is a carnivore. He loves it and gobbles it up as quickly as we can get it cut up for him! I think he prefers it to anything else on his tray at this point. Fortunately for him, we went ahead and started him on the real stuff instead of the meat in a jar that poor Ethan had to endure. Yes, you really need to check out that video link if you haven't seen it yet. Call us bad parents, but it is just hilarious and we never get tired of watching it! ;) Maybe we ruined Ethan on meat after that incident because he is still not real big on eating it now, over 2 years later. Noah, on the other hand, can currently out eat his big brother. He also continues to nurse every 3-4 hours throughout the day.

New accomplishments this month:
  • First trip to the beach
  • His first steps!!
  • Trying to say "mama"
I posted a couple weeks ago about our recent trip to the beach. This was Noah's first experience with both the sand and the ocean and he appears to love it as much as the rest of us! Yay! He experienced a swimming pool for the first time at Ethan's birthday party back in March, but he took to the pool even better this time. It probably helped that the pool was heated so it was like a nice, big bath tub for him! ;)

Over the past week, he has been taking a step or two here and there. A few days ago, he took three in a row and on Mother's Day he took EIGHT steps at once! Unfortunately, we didn't get that one on video, but we did get a short video of him taking a few steps to me. Today he had several spurts of 6 to 7 small steps. It won't be long now before he is zooming all over the place by foot!

On several different occasions now, while holding him, he has tried to say "mama" to me. Awww. I thought maybe it was a fluke, but as he continues to do it, I think it may be for real. :)

Here is the pic of both Ethan and Noah at 10 months. By this point it is nearly impossible to get these boys to stay still for more than two seconds, as you can see in these pics. Noah was more interested in eating his toes this month and I have no idea what Ethan was looking at, but it wasn't me! It is crazy how closely their development has mirrored each other over their respective first years. At this point, Ethan was just 1/2" taller than Noah and Noah weighed 1/2 pound more than Ethan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Show me some love! ;)