Friday, September 23, 2011

Noah's Two-Month Check-Up

I took Noah for his two-month check-up this afternoon, a week after he hit the two-month mark. This was our last visit to this office before our move next month. It figures that just as we found a great new pediatrician in town, it would be time to move again! After a 2+ hour visit though today, I am hoping we find an office with shorter wait times in Tennessee!!


Again, his doctor thought he was doing great. Since his last check at one month, he gained 2 lbs, 11 oz, to weigh in at an impressive 13 lbs, 4 oz, which is in the 75th-90th percentile. He measured up at 23.5 inches (75th percentile) and his head is now 40.5 cm (75th percentile). Today he had to get his first round of shots. Poor guy. He actually did really well with them though. He cried for just a minute, then was content in my arms. By the time we made it out the door and to the van he was all smiles again! Sadly though, he seemed to be affected tonight. He lost his appetite and was running a low-grade fever. I am hoping he is feeling better in the morning.

Below is a pic of Noah at two months, wearing a 12-month onesie. It's amazing how much they change in the first first few months! He is starting to smile and coo much more now, which makes it so much fun interacting with him. He is also a great sleeper like his big brother. He sleeps all night for 12+ hours, waking just a couple times to eat normally. Just this week he has given me two 8-hour stretches though (his previous record was just under 6 hrs)! :) Now I just need to make myself go to bed earlier... ;) Noah has been a bit more high-maintenance than his big brother though. If he is awake, he wants to be held. I do get brief breaks from the vibrating bouncer that he enjoys, but most of the day you'll find me holding him while trying to read/play with Ethan with my free hand!


Just for fun, I decided to compare Ethan and Noah's pics to see how the two differ. Surprisingly, they actually look much more similar than I thought! I guess there is no denying they are brothers! They were similar in size as well. Ethan at 12 lbs, 11 oz and 22 inches to Noah's 13 lbs, 4 oz and 23.5 inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Show me some love! ;)